Aqeedah & Logic
Theology (‘Aqidah) covers all beliefs and belief systems of Muslims, including sectarian differences and points of contention. Though theology is the cornerstone of the Islamic religion, it is often quite misunderstood by Muslims themselves in a modern era where classical works are neglected and atheism is on the rise. Through detailed study and memorization of classical texts and proofs, as well as a study of Logic (Mantiq) and Philosophy, students become vested to navigate the landscape of polemics and inter- and intra-religious discussion with sound logic, perspective and recourse to original material.
In this level, students will take a deeper step into the studies of Aqeedah. The primary focus will be to look into the science of logic and anthropomorphism.
- Mantiq (logic) is the study of logic applied to Islamic Philosophy. This subject explores the necessity of proper usage and understanding of linguistics, rational proofs, and textual evidence in religious discourse. Mantiq reinforces students with the ability to navigate the field of Islamic Studies with accuracy, depth and a critical eye.
- Understand how certain Quranic Ayahs and Ahadith are wrongly misunderstood by the Anthropomorphist
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the main tenants of the Ashari School
- Discuss the challenges arising from within the Muslim Ummah
- Gain access to the correct terms and their usage within the specific discipline
- Study of Logic (Mantiq)
- As-Sullam Al-Munawraq by Imam ʻAbd al-Rahman al-Akhdari
- Study of Anthropomorphism
- The Attributes of God: Daf' Shubah al-Tashbih bi-Akaff al-Tanzih by Ibn al-Jawzi