The Usul-ul-Fiqh classes are designed to allow students to embark on a legacy of scholarship and a study of high esteem. It deals with the primary sources of Islamic Law, the Quran & Sunnah, their characteristics and methods of deriving legal rulings from them.
In this level, students will take a deeper step into the studies of Usul ul-Fiqh by studying the principles of the Hanafi School as well as the universal principles of Fiqh (Qawaid ul-Fiqh)
The book, Usul ash-Shashi is an isagogic opuscule on legal theory according to the Hanafi School of Law. It is widely favoured and accepted in the darse niazmi syllabus of South Asian seminaries and their sister institutions outside of the Asian Subcontinent. Despite its brevity and conciseness, the text is fit for a full, detailed study as it clearly articulates the position of the school, rather than the views and opinions of particular notable jurists.
- Apply traditional usul al-fiqh to the modern era
- Confidently recall the position of the Hanafi school of thought on different usuli principles
- Understand the origins of the differences in the schools of Islamic law
- Usul ul-Shaashi by Imam Nizam al-Din al-Shashi (Hanafi Usul ul-Fiqh)
- Qawaid ul-Fiqh
Addition reading resource
- Mukhtasar al-Manar (Hanafi Usul ul-Fiqh)