A comprehensive part-time programme in the Essential Islamic Sciences. This level is a year in duration and consists of 3 terms. Ideal for adults and children above the age of 16.
The Advanced Level is designed to develop students to be critical, confident and independent. It enables them to access the sources of Islam directly. The intent is to enable students to develop into leading thinkers and scholars for the coming age, characterised by their sound knowledge, piety, and positive contributions to wider society. It provides the students a platform upon which they can build through self study and pursue higher level of Islamic Studies. The course forms the fourth and final level of Madina’s four-year Islamic Studies Ijazah Programme.
Upon completion, students will be expected to have a proper command of Arabic grammar, Islamic law and the the Principles of the Islamic Sciences.
Students who successfully complete the Advanced Level (including written assignments and examinations) will be awarded a Level 4 Ijazah(Diploma) in Islamic Studies
This program will focus on the foundational Islamic Sciences, primarily:
- Usul ul-Hadith
- Usul-ul-Fiqh (Foundations of Jurisprudence)
- To develop a distinguished Islamic personality, firmly rooted in a holistic understanding of Islam & its various sciences, with an understanding of the intents and objectives of Islamic law, and trained in the purification of the soul and the spiritual sciences.
- To create & prepare specialists in Jurisprudence & its Foundations, Qur’anic & Sunnah Sciences through examining contemporary dynamics and ways in which our vast tradition deal with modernity & contemporary issues.
- To convey the appropriate knowledge that is responsive to the demands of contemporary Islamic society in the fields of instruction, propagation, social and spiritual guidance and manifesting their academic legacy.
- To produce a group of outstanding students who will be qualified to pursue postgraduate studies in the areas of Quranic Sciences, Hadith & Sunnah Sciences, Fiqh, Usul-ul-Fiqh, Aqeedah & Logic, Spirituality & Arabic.
SCHEDULE & TUITION FEES
The program consists of three semesters:
Semester 1: September - December (12 weeks)
Breaks: Christmas Holidays
Semester 2: January - April (14 weeks)
Breaks: Easter & Ramadan Holidays
Semester 3: May - September (20 weeks)
Our goal is to make this program accessible to all and for this reason we’ve kept the program costs to a minimum with flexible payment options.
Tuition & Fees : £1195 per annum
Note: Financial Aid is currently only available to qualifying applicants and are granted based on the order they are received and the availability of funds