Ustadha Sofia Shareef
Ustadha Sofia an Instructor of Madina Institute, completed her Undergraduate Studies in the field of Sociology, Criminology, and Criminal Justice at the University of Wolverhampton. Alongside her studies at the university, she was the lead of the the ISOC society; organising events such as workshops, lectures and much more for the students on campus.
Sofia begun her journey to seek religious knowledge at the Faizan e Rasool Madrassa (Birmingham UK) studying the basics of the deen. Her studies began with a focus on Arabic Grammar and later she went onto study the sciences of Fiqh, Aqeedah, and Adab at Faizan e Rasool.
After the completion of her undergraduate studies she pursued her religious education further under the guidance of Shaykh Muhammad bin Yahya al-Ninowy at Madina Institute USA, Atlanta Georgia. During her time in Atlanta she developed a deep understanding of the fundamentals of the deen, studying;
- Usul-ul-Hadith, Usul-ul-Fiqh, Aqeedah, Uloom-ul-Quran, and Tazkiyyah with Shaykh Muhammad an-Ninowy
- Usul-ul-Fiqh and Uloom-ul-Quran with Shaykh Isa Hussain
- Fiqh-us-Seerah with Shaykh Muhammad Isa Ninowy
- Usul-ul-Tafseer & Tafseer-ul-Quran with Shaykh Majed Sabki Al-Azhari
- Usul-ul-Hadith with Shaykh Fakhrudeen Owais
- Hanafi Fiqh with Doctor Sohail Laher
- Shafi'i Fiqh with Shaykh Zayd Al Azhari
- Mantiq & Aqeedah with Shaykh Attabek Sukurov
Sofia received Ijaza from Shaykh Muhammad, upon the completion of the Usul-Ud-Deen program, to teach and further serve the deen.
Sofia is currently studying her Masters Muslim Chaplaincy